L’Observateur : Fashion Edition

Sandals, tattered shorts, and thrift store t-shirts were never – nor will ever be – in fashion in Paris, France. As a result, I’ve had to pull a near-180 in the wardrobe department.

The “dress clothes” I brought with me have become the cornerstone of my closet, and until two days ago, I was wearing them until I washed them. Thanks to H&M, I now have another “outfit,” and it’s not the lingerie this girl is wearing on their splash page, either. I’m a Garanimals man all the way. Green goes with tan. Black goes with black. I have two outfits. They match.

Every time I go to play tennis in my shorts and sweat jacket I get stared down in the street like I just walked out of the house buck naked with a golf bag slung over my shoulder.

Parisians wear lots of:
* Wool coats, wool sweaters, and wool socks.
* Cashmere scarves and hats.
* Leather jackets, boots, and gloves.
All in black, brown, or dark blue.

The women wear large accessories and high heels.

Everyone carries an umbrella.

2 comments: