L’Observateur : Boomer Sooner Edition


There is a bar in Barnsdall, Oklahoma called the “J Bar S Saloon” which is packed to the gills with vintage Oklahoma Sooners memorabilia. It is owned and operated by the mayor – a former baseball umpire.

You can pass by the Mullendore Ranch just about any time you want.

Classic Rock is back ... because it never left, bitches. During my week in Oklahoma I heard every hit by Bad Company and Boston at least once, and I still unwittingly know all the words to Van Halen’s “Panama.”

While I was stuck in the Oklahoma City airport for six hours, I saw a woman wearing a T-shirt implying that Barack Obama uses the United States Constitution as toilet paper. However, I’m partial to this one, mostly because it’s ironic that it’s being sold as an anti-Obama T-shirt and I’m behind the cause.

The Oklahoma University Student Union is a great place to hang out on a hot summer’s day because they have cushy couches and a selection of newspapers for free public consumption.

I was carded at the O’Connell’s Irish Pub location on Campus Corner in Norman.

No comments:

Post a Comment